Genet. Sel. Evol.
Volume 37, Number 2, March-April 2005
|Page(s)||199 - 213|
References of Genet. Sel. Evol. 37 (2005) 199-213
- Cameron N.D., Curran M.K., Selection for components of efficient lean growth rate in pigs. 4. Genetic and phenotypic parameter estimates and correlated responses in performance test traits with ad libitum feeding, Anim. Prod. 59 (1994) 281-291.
- Cameron N.D., Curran M.K., Responses in carcass composition to divergent selection for components of efficient lean growth rate in pigs, Anim. Sci. 61 (1995) 347-359.
- Cameron N.D., Curran M.K., Thompson R., Estimation of sire with feeding regime interaction in pigs, Anim. Prod. 46 (1988) 87-95.
- Cameron N.D., Curran M.K., Kerr J.C., Selection for components of efficient lean growth rate in pigs. 3. Responses to selection with a restricted feeding regime, Anim. Prod. 59 (1994) 271-279.
- Clutter A.C., Brascamp E.W., Genetics of performance traits, in: Rothschild M.F., Ruvinsky A. (Eds.), The genetics of the pig, CAB International, Wallingford, UK, 1998, pp. 427-462.
- Ferguson D.M., Chandler R.C., Mynard P., Thomas M., The validation of equations for the prediction of lean meat yield in pig carcasses, PDRC LMA6.P final report, 1994.
- Fowler S.H., Bichard M., Pease A., Objectives in pig breeding, Anim. Prod. 23 (1976) 365-387.
- Fredeen H.T., Mikami H., Mass selection in a pig population: correlated changes in carcass merit, J. Anim. Sci. 62 (1986) 1546-1554.
- GenStat 6. Release 6.1 for Windows, Sixth Edition, VSN International Ltd., Oxford, UK, 2002.
- Gilmour A.R., Cullis B.R., Welham S.J., Thompson R., ASREML Reference Manual, NSW Agriculture Biometric Bulletin N°3, Orange Agricultural Institute, Forest Road, Orange 2800 NSW Australia, 1999.
- Groeneveld E., PEST user's Manual, Institute of Animal Husbandry and Animal Behaviour, Federal Agricultural Research Centre, Germany, 1990.
- Gu Y., Haley C.S., Thompson R., Estimates of genetic and phenotypic parameters of growth and carcass traits from closed lines of pigs on restricted feeding, Anim. Prod. 49 (1989) 467-475.
- Johansson K., Andersson K., Lundeheim N., Evaluation of station testing of pigs. I. Genetic parameters for feed measurements and selection effects on voluntary feed intake, Acta Agric. Scand. 37 (1987) 93-107.
- Johansson K., Andersson K., Sigvardsson J., Evaluation of station testing of pigs. III. Genetic parameters for carcass measurements of partially dissected pigs, Acta Agric. Scand. 37 (1987) 120-129.
- Kielanowski J., The method of pig progeny testing applied, in: Proceeding of meeting of the sub-commission on pig progeny testing, 19th annual meeting of the European Association for Animal Production, 1968, Dublin, Ireland.
- Kuhlers D.L., Jungst S.B., Mass selection for increased 200-day weight in a closed line of Landrace pigs, J. Anim. Sci. 69 (1991) 977-984.
- Lundeheim N., Johansson K., Andersson K., Estimated phenotypic and genetic parameters based on data from the Swedish pig progeny testing stations, Acta Agric. Scand. 30 (1980) 185-188.
- McPhee C.P., Selection for efficient lean growth in a pig herd, Aust. J. Agric. Res. 32 (1981) 681-690.
- McPhee C.P., MacBeth M., A profit model for estimating economic values of traits in the National Pig Improvement Program, PDRC DAG58/1339 final report, 2000.
- McPhee C.P., Trout G.R., The effects of selection for lean growth and the halothane allele on carcass and meat quality of pigs transported long and short distances to slaughter, Livest. Prod. Sci. 42 (1995) 55-62.
- McPhee C.P., Rathmell G.A., Daniels L.J., Cameron N.D., Selection in pigs for increased lean growth rate on a time-based feeding scale, Anim. Prod. 47 (1988) 149-156.
- Merks J.W.M., Genotype environment interactions in pig breeding programmes. II. Environmental effects and genetic parameters in central test, Livest. Prod. Sci. 16 (1987) 215-228.
- Merks J.W.M., Donker R.A., Brascamp E.W., Buiting G.A.J., A performance test of pigs according to a modified Kielanowski system, Anim. Prod. 44 (1987) 303-310.
- Nguyen H.N., Direct and correlated responses to selection in Large White pigs for growth rate on restricted feeding, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Queensland, Australia, 2002.
- Webster A.J.F., Selection for leanness and energetic efficiency of growth in meat animals, Proceeding of Nutrition Society 36 (1977) 53-59.
- Woltmann M.D., Clutter A.C., Buchanan D.S., Dolezal H.G., Growth and carcass characteristics of pigs selected for fast or slow gain in relation to feed intake and efficiency, J. Anim. Sci. 70 (1992) 1049-1059.