Genet. Sel. Evol.
Volume 35, Number Suppl. 1, 2003Second International Symposium on Candidate Genes for Animal Health
|Page(s)||S67 - S81|
- Carson J.A., Nettleton D., Reecy J.M., Differential gene expression in the rat soleus muscle during early work overload-induced hypertrophy, FASEB J. 16 (2002) 207-209.
- Cleary J.D., Rogers P.D., Chapman S.W., Differential transcription factor expression in human mononuclear cells in response to amphotericin B: identification with complementary DNA microarray technology, Pharmacotherapy 21 (2001) 1046-1054.
- Frazer I.H., Collins E.J., Fox J.S., Jones B., Oliphant R.C., Mackay I.R., Assessment of delayed-type hypersensitivity in man: a comparison of the "Multitest'' and conventional intradermal injection of six antigens, Clin. Immunol. Immunopathol. 35 (1985) 182-190.
- Kelley K.W., Greenfield R.E., Evermann J.F., Parish S.M., Perryman L.E., Delayed-type hypersensitivity, contact sensitivity, and phytohemagglutinin skin-test responses of heat- and cold-stressed calves, Am. J. Vet. Res. 43 (1982) 775-779.
- Leslie K.E., Genetic selection for resistance to mastitis, 3rd International Mastitis Seminar Proceedings, 28 May to 1 June 1995, Tel Aviv, Israel, pp. 3-11.
- Lofthouse S.A., Andrews A.E., Nash A.D., Bowles V.M., Humoral and cellular responses induced by intradermally administered cytokine and conventional adjuvants, Vaccine 13 (1995) 1131-1137.
- Mallard B.A., Leslie K., Genetic regulation of immune response and mastitis resistance during the peripartum period of dairy cows, Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Mastitis and Milk Quality, 13-15 September 2001, Vancouver, British Columbia, pp. 23-27.
- Mallard B.A., Wilkie B.N., Kennedy B.W., Genetic and other effects on antibody and cell mediated immune response in swine leukocyte antigen (SLA)-defined miniature pigs, Anim. Genet. 20 (1989) 167-178.
- Mallard B.A., Wilkie B.N., Kennedy B.W., Quinton M., Use of estimated breeding values in a selection index to breed Yorkshire pigs for high and low immune and innate resistance factors, Anim. Biotechnol. 3 (1992) 257-280.
- Mallard B.A., Sharif S., Sargeant J., Scott M., Dekkers J.C.M., Leslie K.E., Genetic selection for enhanced immune response and disease resistance in Canadian Holstein cattle, 3rd International Mastitis Seminar Proceedings, 28 May to 1 June 1995, Tel Aviv, Israel, pp. 13-20.
- Mallard B.A., Wilkie B.N., Kennedy B.W., Gibson J., Quinton M., Immune responsiveness in swine: eight generations of selection for high and low immune response in Yorkshire pigs, Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, 11-16 January 1998, Vol. 27, University of New England, Armidale, pp. 257-262.
- Ontario Cancer Institute Web Page, Description of methods for use of distributed products: www.oci.utoronto.ca/services/microarray/products/.
- Puel A., Mevel J.-C., Bouthillier Y., Feingold N., Fridman W.H., Toward genetic dissection of high and low antibody responsiveness in Biozzi mice, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93 (1996) 14742-14746.
- Rebeiz M., Lewin H.A., Compass of 47 787 Cattle ESTs, Anim. Biotechnol. 11 (2000) 75-241.
- Rogers A.S., Ellenberg J.H., Douglas S.D., Henry-Reid L., Peralta L., Wilson C.M., Performance of antigens used in detecting delayed-type hypersensitivity in adolescents infected with human immunodeficiency virus, Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol. 8 (2001) 273-278.
- Sarker N., Tsudzuki M., Nishibori M., Yasue H., Yamamoto Y., Cell-mediated and humoral immunity and phagocytic ability in chicken lines divergently selected for serum immunoglobulin M and G levels, Poult. Sci. 79 (2000) 1705-1709.
- SAS® Institute Inc., SAS® /STAT User's Guide, Version 8, Cary, NC, 1999.
- Shena M., Shalon D., Davis R.W., Brown P.O., Quantitative monitoring of gene expression patterns with a complementary DNA microarray, Science 270 (1995) 467-470.
- Sokal R.R., Rohlf F., J. Biometry, 3rd edn., W.H. Freeman and Co., NY, 1995.
- Steel R.G.D., Torrie J.H., Principles and procedures of statistics: a biometrical approach, 2nd edn., McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1980.
- Wagter L.C., Mallard B.A., Wilkie B.N., Leslie K.E., Boettcher P.J., Dekkers J.C.M., A quantitative approach to classifying Holstein cows based on antibody responsiveness and its relationship to peripartum mastitis occurrence, J. Dairy Sci. 83 (2000) 488-498.
- Wagter L.C., Mallard B.A., Wilkie B.N., Leslie K.E., Boettcher P.J., Dekkers J.C.M., The relationship between milk production and antibody response to ovalbumin during the peripartum period, J. Dairy Sci. 86 (2003) 169-173.
- Wilkie B.N., Mallard B.A., Selection for high immune response: an alternative approach to animal health maintenance, Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 72 (1999) 231-235.
- Yao J., Burton J.L., Saama P., Sipkovsky S., Coussens P.M., Generation of EST and cDNA Microarray resources for the study of bovine immunobiology, Acta Vet. Scand. 42 (2001) 391-405.
Copyright INRA, EDP Sciences